Manufacturer approval programmes
DNV GL provides a wide range of approval programmes for the auditing and certification of manufacturers in the maritime industry.
Customers have high expectations of their business partners. Your company can benefit from customer satisfaction and long-term business success if your quality and production standards are consistently excellent.
Our approval procedure for manufacturers ensures high standards of quality and safety. It comprises inspection of the manufacturing plant as well as testing to verify that the materials, manufacturing processes and products comply with the requirements of all relevant rules.
Details are provided in our tailored approval programmes, which are available for these fields of activity, amongst others:
- Steelmaking and rolled steel products
- Steel forgings
- Foundries – casting of steel, iron, aluminium alloys and copper alloys
- Wrought-aluminium alloys
- Steel tubes, pipes and fittings
- Non-ferrous tubes
- Chain cables
- Steel wire ropes
After successful completion of the approval process, a Manufacturer Approval Certificate is issued. All DNV GL approved manufacturers and suppliers are then included in our list of approved companies, so that potential customers can easily find you.
You can count on our maritime expertise to ensure your long-term business success:
- Internationally recognised DNV GL approval demonstrates quality and builds trust and confidence with your customers
- Your products gain access to the worldwide maritime market
- Expert guidance is provided by dedicated DNV GL specialists in all questions of quality, safety and compliance