The course focuses on:
- Essential skills and tools to improve energy efficiency
- Business potential of energy management systems
- Relevance and potential of energy efficiency for business performance, climate change and energy policy
- Engagement of management and employees
- Barriers in industry and how to overcome them
- Energy policy in a broader context: European and national energy policies but also voluntary agreements and incentives for ISO 50001
- Implementing an effective energy management system in accordance with ISO 50001
- Energy management best practices
- Energy efficiency: importance, improvement potential, typical drivers and barriers
- Energy culture and people engagement
- Identification and economic analysis of improvement projects
- In-depth energy saving opportunities: processes and utilities
Engineers and middle management that want to improve their organisations' energy efficiency, implement an energy management system, and enhance business performance. The training follows the structure of the international standard on energy management (ISO 50001), but is also applicable and relevant for organisations that are not pursuing ISO 50001 certification.
Upon request, this course is also available in Dutch or French and the course content, location and duration can be adapted to your specific wishes. Please contact Anke Brems or Peter Lindersen for more information.